Reasons to Join the VFW:
- Availability of the expert help of State and National VFW Service Officers, as well as the Service Officer in your own Post, if you should need hospital care, educational, pension or other benefits for which you may wish to file a claim.
- VFW help in protecting existing veteran benefits that you now receive, or that you may be entitled to in the future, through the effort of our VFW National Legislative Service in Washington, D.C. and your own VFW State Legislative Committee.
- An opportunity to take an active part in your VFW Post’s patriotic, community service, and youth activity programs.
- An opportunity to become an officer of your Post, thereby developing your talents as a competent public speaker and respected civic leader in your community.
- Satisfaction in knowing that you are supporting an organization that fights for maximum defense and security of our country.
- Free admission of your children to the VFW National Home in Eaton Rapids, Michigan, in the event of your death, with complete assurance that they will have every opportunity to grow up as proud, healthy and educated citizens.
- Receiving the VFW Magazine and the Post newsletters/email updates, which keeps you informed on all matters pertaining to your status as a veteran and subjects close to your heart as a patriotic American.
- Multiple Insurance plans sponsored by the VFW including our $1,000 Personal Accident Protection offered to all VFW members in good standing.
- VFW Approved Prescription Drug and Vitamin (VFW BeneVets Card) Program.
- Newest Member Benefits – Discounted Merchandise and Buying Program and VFW Travel Services (Non-Insurance VFW Benefits).
- Social functions hosted by the Post or District. Activities for you as well as members of your family at a minimal cost.
- The feeling of true comradeship that exists only among veterans who served overseas in time of war.
- The opportunity for your spouse, child, grandchild, parent or sibling to join the VFW Auxiliary, which works hand-in-hand with Post members in all VFW functions and programs.
You’re eligible if you…
- Are a U.S. citizen who has served honorably in an overseas conflict
- Received a campaign medal for overseas service
- Served 30 consecutive or 60 non-consecutive days in Korea
- Received hostile fire or imminent danger pay